HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive SysOps Engineer to join the technical team. Job functions include teaming with HPC support staff to answer user questions and solve technical problems by phone, email, and onsite. Tasks include interactive issue troubleshooting, following client issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions in a knowledge base, working with application and system owners or supporters to identify advanced solutions, installing and configuring applications, studying, and improving applications performance, and developing and presenting user training.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in Linux and HPC environments.
- Experience in DevOps toolchains.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, FSX, S3).
- Strong technical consulting and support skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with Data Science environments (Python, R, Jupyter).
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Terraform).
- Experience with CI/CD procedures (Git, GitHub/Gitlab).
- Based in New Zealand.
- Teamwork attitude, leadership and ability to innovate, proactivity and good communication, and focus on achieving results.
- Availability to business travels.
- Flexible working hours.
If you are interested, send a mail to email@example.com with your updated CV, a short motivation letter, and the subject “NZ – 20220726”.