HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive HPC Systems Administrator to join our team.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline.
HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive HPC Systems Administrator to join the HPC support team. Job functions include teaming with HPC support staff to answer user questions and solve technical problems by telephone, email, and onsite. Tasks include interactive issue troubleshooting, following client issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions in a knowledge base, working with application and system owners or supporters to identify advanced solutions, installing and configuring applications, studying, and improving applications performance, and developing and presenting user training.
Eligible to live and/or work in the UE or in New Zealand.
Skills and Experience
|– Experience in Linux and HPC environments.|
– Strong technical consulting and support skills, possessing innate abilities in diplomacy and tact.
– Excellent oral and written communications skills.
– Hands-on experience with scripting languages like Python, shell scripting, etc.
– Fast learning and a strong interest in learning new technologies.
– Fluent in English.
|– Experience with monitoring software stack, such as ELK, InfluxDB or Grafana.|
– Experience with cluster file systems like GPFS, Lustre or BeeGFS.
– Experience with Slurm and LSF.
– Experience with Singularity containers.
– Experience with Bright Cluster Manager and/or OpenHPC.
– Experience with DevOps and automation tools are a plus.
– Experience developing technical training documentation for users.
- We offer a permanent full-time position in a good working environment and a highly stimulating and challenging environment.
- Full-time remote office workplace.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Flexible working hours.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in the country.
HPCNow! is a global services company focused on HPC, HPDA, ML, and AI consulting. We help scientists and engineers in the complete journey, from the design of the solution based on the real needs to the very end of the life cycle of the solution, by enabling cluster contention mitigation strategies like cloud bursting or job efficiency monitoring. We complement our services by delivering professional training and also providing ongoing remote administration and scientific support.
If you are interested, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV, a short motivation letter, and the subject “EMEA-NZ-20220202 job position”.