Do you want to help researchers and engineers around the world to solve the most exciting and challenging computational problems? HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and proactive Linux Systems Administrator to join our international High Performance Computing team. We work in sectors like drug design and discovery, genomics, bioinformatics, aerospace, aeronautics, astrophysics, quantum chemistry, energy, automotive, visual effects, and many more.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline.
Job Title Definition
HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive Linux Systems Administrator to join the High Performance Computing (HPC) support team. Job functions include teaming with HPC support staff to answer user questions and solve technical problems by telephone, email, and onsite. Tasks include interactive issue troubleshooting, following client issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions in a knowledge base, working with application and system owners or supporters to identify advanced solutions, automating the installation and configuration of applications, studying, and developing and presenting user training.
Eligible to live and/or work in the New Zealand.
Skills and Experience
|– Experience in Linux administration and container-centric environments.|
– Experience with Ansible, GIT and automation pipelines.
– Strong technical consulting and support skills, possessing innate abilities in diplomacy and tact.
– Excellent oral and written communications skills.
– Hands-on experience with programming and scripting languages like Python, shell scripting, etc.
– Fast learning and a strong interest in learning new technologies.
– Fluent in English.
– Experience with AWS infrastructure and Terraform.
– Contributions to open source projects.
– Experience with automation tools are a plus.
– Experience developing technical training documentation for users
– Experience in HPC environments.
– Experience with Atlassian tools.
– Experience with RedHat Linux based distributions.
- We offer a permanent full-time position in a good working environment and a highly stimulating and challenging environment.
- Full-time remote office workplace, based in New Zealand.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Flexible working hours.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in the country.
HPCNow! is a global services company focused on High Performance Computing, High Performance Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence consulting. We help scientists and engineers around the world from the design of the hardware solution to the very end of its life cycle, setting up complex pipelines, and accelerating their workflows and applications. We also extend our services by delivering professional training and providing ongoing remote administration and scientific support.
At HPCNow! We not only focus on business, but we also try to achieve a healthy work/life balance, facilitating pleasant working conditions as much as possible. This includes remote work, flexible work schedule, amenities in our offices, and a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our commitment is to provide our people with all they need for personal and professional growth, involving them in a discovery, innovation and achievement environment.
Science Enablers – We play a key role in the migration of workloads from the regular desktop computer to HPC clusters and supercomputers. We work to bridge the gap between these two distant worlds, by capacitating the end users and upskilling them to bring their computational research to a world class level.
Excellence – Strive for excellence in everything we do for our team members and for our clients. We feel proud of our contributions and we celebrate our clients’ success as our own.
Empowering science with technology – we are a trusted partner that accelerates research and discovery thanks to our commitment in continuous innovation and new technology adoption.
Diversity and Inclusion – Our very talented team includes different kinds of mindsets, cultures, backgrounds and experience making HPCNow! an inclusive company. Currently, our team is coming from eight different countries and able to speak 10 different languages.
Gender equality – While we haven’t reached full gender equality yet, we see in each hiring process a new opportunity to get closer to that milestone. We are proud members of Women in HPC (WHPC) and we participate in activities to empower women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
If you are interested, send a mail to email@example.com with your updated CV, a short motivation letter, and the subject “NZ20220427 job position”.