HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive Computer Engineer to join our team.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, or related discipline.
Advanced Industry Park, Barcelona (Spain). Possibility to work remotely. Sporadic travel required.
Job Title Definition
Job functions include teaming with HPC staff in order to design and install computing clusters, troubleshoot installation and networking issues and configure the involved network devices. Additionally, helping the 1st level support engineers with problems that exceed their level of knowledge and give training to our customers showing how to effectively use their facilities. Occasionally, travelling for installing systems or solving problems that require onsite work. A strong knowledge of networking and network analysis tools is mandatory.
Skills and Experience
|– Fluent in English and Spanish with very good communication skills both writing and speaking.|
– Good knowledge of system administration of UNIX/Linux platforms, networking configuration, including interface bonding, bridging, routing, firewall, etc.
– Experience with CISCO, Juniper Networks, or HPE/Aruba. (Certifications are highly desired.)
– Ability to implement, manage, and troubleshoot different switch vendors in order to implement the configuration of VLANs, link aggregation, virtual switching.
– Ability to design computer networks avoiding bottlenecks and collaborate in choosing the appropriate hardware.
– Ability to analyze network traffic logs in order to analyze complex issues.
– Ability to measure network performance to detect and correct problems.
– Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
– Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
|– Experience managing Infiniband networks.|
– Knowledge of services and application monitoring tools.
– Experience with Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and/or Singularity.
– Experience with Slurm and other schedulers.
– Experience with DevOps and automation tools.
– Systems scripting and automation in multiple languages, e.g. Python, shell, etc.
- We offer a permanent full-time position in a good working environment and a highly stimulating and challenging environment.
- The job position is located at Advanced Industry Park, Barcelona (Spain). Possibility to work remotely.
- Flexible working hours.
- Willing to travel.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in the country.
HPCNow! is a global services company focused on HPC, HPDA, ML, and AI consulting. We help scientists and engineers in the complete journey, from the design of the solution based on the real needs, to the very end of the life cycle of the solution, by enabling cluster contention mitigation strategies like cloud bursting or job efficiency monitoring. We complement our services by delivering professional training and also providing ongoing remote administration and scientific support.
If you are interested, send a mail to email@example.com with your updated CV, a short motivation letter, and the subject “EMEA20210520 job position”.