HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive computational scientist to join our team.
Ph.D. degree or equivalent experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, computational chemistry, or related field.
Job Title Definition
HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive computational scientist to join the HPC support team. Job functions include teaming with HPC support staff to answer user questions and solve technical problems by telephone, email, and onsite. Tasks include interactive issue troubleshooting, following client issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions in a knowledge base, working with application and system owners or supporters to identify advanced solutions, installing and configuring applications, studying and improving applications performance, and developing and presenting user training.
Skills and Experience
|– Deep knowledge of Linux and HPC environments.|
– Confident installing scientific applications and libraries.
– Consolidated knowledge of batch queue systems as a user.
– Experience setting up workflows and pipelines.
– Hands-on experience with programming and scripting languages like R, Python or shell scripting.
– Basic parallel code development.
– Fluent in English.
|– Confidence with Slurm and LSF.|
– Applications support experience.
– Experience using and supporting workload managers and cluster managers.
– Application provisioning with EasyBuild.
– Experience with MPI and OpenMP.
– Experience tuning parallel codes.
– Experience with Git, Jenkins, or/and other DevOps tools.
– Experience with containers.
– Exposure to workflow engines.
– Experience using and/or installing RStudio and Jupyter Hub.
– Experience developing technical training and documentation.
- We offer a permanent full-time position in a good working environment and a highly stimulating and challenging environment.
- Full-time remote office workplace, based in New Zealand.
- Disponibility to travel.
- Flexible working hours.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience and according to the cost of living in the country.
- Eligible to live and work in the UE or in New Zealand.
HPCNow! is a global services company focused on HPC, HPDA, ML, and AI consulting. We help scientists and engineers in the complete journey, from the design of the solution based on the real needs to the very end of the life cycle of the solution, by enabling cluster contention mitigation strategies like cloud bursting or job efficiency monitoring. We complement our services by delivering professional training and also providing ongoing remote administration and scientific support.
If you are interested, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV, a short motivation letter, and the subject “EMEA-NZ-20220201 job position”.