Do you want to help researchers and engineers around the world to solve the most exciting and challenging computational problems? HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and proactive Service Manager to join our international High-Performance Computing team. We work in sectors like drug design and discovery, genomics, bioinformatics, aerospace, aeronautics, astrophysics, quantum chemistry, energy, automotive, visual effects, and many more.
HPCNow! is a global services company focused on High-Performance Computing, High-Performance Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence consulting. We help scientists and engineers worldwide, from the design of the hardware solution to the very end of its life cycle, setting up complex pipelines and accelerating their workflows and applications. We also extend our services by delivering professional training and providing ongoing remote administration and scientific support.
At HPCNow! we not only focus on business but also try to achieve a healthy work/life balance, facilitating pleasant working conditions as much as possible. This includes remote work, a flexible work schedule, amenities in our offices, and a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our commitment is to provide our people with all they need for personal and professional growth, involving them in a discovery, innovation, and achievement environment.
Science Enablers – We play a crucial role in migrating workloads from the regular desktop computer to HPC clusters and supercomputers. We work to bridge the gap between these two distant worlds by capacitating the end users and upskilling them to bring their computational research to a world-class level.
Excellence – We strive for excellence in everything we do for our team members and clients. We feel proud of our contributions and celebrate our client’s success as our own.
Empowering science with technology – We are a trusted partner that accelerates research and discovery thanks to our commitment to continuous innovation and new technology adoption.
Diversity and Inclusion – Our very talented team includes different kinds of mindsets, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, making HPCNow! an inclusive company. Our team is from eight different countries and can speak ten other languages.
Gender equality – While we haven’t reached full gender equality yet, we see a new opportunity to get closer to that milestone in each hiring process. We are proud members of Women in HPC (WHPC), and we participate in activities to empower women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive Service Manager to join our team. Job functions include interactive issue troubleshooting, following client issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions in a knowledge base, working with application and system owners or supporters to identify advanced solutions, installing and configuring applications, studying, and improving applications performance, and developing and presenting user training.
Eligible to live and/or work in France/Italy/Spain.
Excellent oral and written English and French skills.
Skills and Experience
|– More than five years of experience in similar roles.|
– Experience in Linux and HPC environments.
– Strong technical consulting and supporting skills.
– Experience managing support/services desk teams.
– Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
– Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods.
– Continually monitor, review and report on progress against the project plan.
– Support the company in updating and improving the KPI’s reporting as appropriate.
– Build and maintain good relationships with key customers.
– Working with internal stakeholders in the development of relationships with existing and potential customers
– Excellent oral and written communications skills.
|– Experience with Help Desk platforms (Jira, Service Now)|
– ITIL Certification or equivalent.
– Experience working with the Agile Delivery model.
– Be commercially aware and have a good understanding of the HPC industry.
If you don’t have experience in one or any of the desired skills, we will provide you with the training and the resources required to achieve that knowledge.
- We offer a permanent full-time position in a good working environment and a highly stimulating and challenging environment.
- Full-time remote office workplace based in France, Italy or Spain.
- Flexible working hours.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in the country.
- We offer outstanding resources for learning and building experience with new technologies, including internal development and testing cluster, access to an e-learning platform, internal training and mentoring.
If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com with your updated CV, a short motivation letter, and the subject “EMEA-20230327 job position”.