HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive computational scientist to join our team.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline.
Job Title Definition
HPCNow! is looking for a passionate and very proactive computational scientist to join the HPC support team. Job functions include teaming with HPC support staff to answer user questions and solve technical problems by telephone, email, and onsite. Tasks include interactive issue troubleshooting, following client issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions in a knowledge base, working with application and system owners or supporters to identify advanced solutions, installing and configuring applications, studying, and improving applications performance, and developing and presenting user training.
Eligible to live and/or work in Spain (or Europe).
Fluent in Spanish.
Skills and Experience
|– Deep knowledge of Linux and cluster computing environments.|
– Applications support experience.
– Parallel code development and tuning acquaintance.
– Experience using and supporting batch schedulers, and cluster managers.
– Compilation of HPC applications and libraries.
– Fluent in English and Spanish.
|– Application provisioning with EasyBuild and Spack.|
– Experience with Singularity containers.
– Knowledge of Slurm, LSF and PBS.Expertise with ML and AI frameworks.
– Contributions to HPC open source projects, experience with DevOps and automation tools are a plus.
– Education in Science or Engineering.
- We offer a permanent full-time position in a good working environment and a highly stimulating and challenging environment.
- The job position is located at Advanced Industry Park, Barcelona (Spain). Possibility to work remotely.
- Disponibility to travel.
- Flexible working hours.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in the country.
HPCNow! is a global services company focused on HPC, HPDA, ML, and AI consulting. We help scientists and engineers in the complete journey, from the design of the solution based on the real needs, to the very end of the life cycle of the solution, by enabling cluster contention mitigation strategies like cloud bursting or job efficiency monitoring. We complement our services by delivering professional training and also providing ongoing remote administration and scientific support.
If you are interested, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV, a short motivation letter, and the subject “EMEA20201001 job position”.